What’s on tap?
Not a whole lot. It’s snowy and cold outside, and well – I just don’t function very well when it’s under 75 degrees outside.
I am working on a few craft projects:
I’m finishing up a New Baby Boy Mini Album commissioned by a lady I met in November. Here are a couple pictures of some of the pages. I will post a complete review of the finished album.
I’m also working on a jewelry order.
One of my musician friends – Mr. Chris Caffery of Trans-Siberian Orchestra – saves all his guitar strings from the TSO tours and then I make bracelets out of them. He then sells them on his website. Check them out in his web store here … www.chriscaffery.com.
And I’ve been playing around with an art journal.
I have never done mixed media before, and certainly not water color, so it is a very steep learning curve for me. I have thrown away 98% of the pages, but here are a couple I’ve kept. I will be doodling around in this journal some more if I have time.
Other than that …
I also have some laundry to do – which I probably won’t do. And I’ll visit my Mom!
Have a great weekend everyone!
My birthday weekend was absolutely fantastic!
I got to:
- see my friend Bridgette in Cincinnati;
- see Star Wars: The Last Jedi;
- see Jeff Dunham: Passively Aggressive; and
- hang out with my awesome nieces.
For my own self, I:
- got my haircut;
- got my eyebrows waxed;
- got a scalp massage; and
- got a new some new ink.
Me and my girl, Raven, 2001. I miss her so very much! She is now immortalized on my ribs.
- I took Friday off work and got to sleep in a while,
- played around with some of my crafty things;
- visited my Mom for her 95th birthday; and
- and basically had an awesome 3-day weekend.
Bridgette and I acting completely stupid with the help of SnapChat filters!
54 DOESN’T SUCK!
So, Finally Fridayis going to be a regular series here on Six Months @ A Time.
On Finally Friday, we will share what is on tap for the weekend!
So this Sunday – January 28 – is my 54th birthday!
My birthday weekend is actually STARTING on Friday this week because I am taking Friday off of work:
1) because Friday is my Mom’s 95th birthday, so I plan to spend some of the morning with her; and
2) to spend Friday night in Cincinnati with my friend Bridgette. We are going to dinner and then to see the new Star Wars movie (yes, I know – I’m late).
Saturday I will be driving home from Cincinnati in the morning and then going with Kelsey to her tattoo appointment in the afternoon. She has booked a half-day appointment (3 hours) so if there is any time left, Carmelo said he’d do some more ink on me! WOO HOO potential birthday ink!
On Sunday – my actual birthday – Tammy, Tracey, Kelsey and I are going to see Jeff Dunham at The Schottenstein Center! I hope he brings Achmed and Walter! My two favs!
YAAAAYYYY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!